Driver for Windows 7 CanoScan 8400F

1936 00:09 AM 11 Dec 11

I have now got into trouble because I thought that I might be able to solve the problem I had with my CanScan 8400F by Re-Loading the Canon CanoScan 8400F software but I had forgotten that I started to use it on my last computer with Windows XP and now I have Windows 7.

My technocrat son-in-law changed all my applications over for me and loaded the appropriate drivers but obviously I now need a Windows 7 driver for the Canon CanoScan 8400F and I’m too embarrassed to tell him.

I keyed in "Free Driver for Windows Canon CanoScan 8400F" and quite a few came up but when I had worked my way through installing one the words, "Now give us ten quid came up. This happened three more times.

I don’t mind paying money but I do object to being taken for a mug so does anyone know how I can get a Free driver or if not which is the best place to get a paid for one?

rdave13 00:24 AM 11 Dec 11

Have a look at this support page

rdave13 00:32 AM 11 Dec 11
  1936 13:14 PM 11 Dec 11

Many thanks for all your help. I downloaded the Windows 7 driver and the CanoScan OCR now works like a dream. I gave no idea why the OCR failed because when I was editing a 400 page book last year I scanned it all in without a problem but as I'm learning sometimes these things just happen.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites