Driver Websites

ehsman 15:02 25 Jun 08

Does anyone have any experience of using driver detecting and supply websites? I am seeking drivers for an older soundcard and the manufacturer no longer lists them. I have found driveragent, driver detective, drivermagic and others but I have no idea if these are reliable. Does anyone have any experience they are willing to share?
Many Thanks

crosstrainer 15:25 25 Jun 08

Personally, I don't use or trust any of them...What's the exact make and model of the soundcard?

Stuartli 15:28 25 Jun 08

DriverGuide is usually reliable or you can do a Google search for the make and model of your sound card, which will bring up a number of download websites.

ehsman 15:55 25 Jun 08

The card is a Chaintech VT1720/4 Envy 24PT PCI multichannel controller. It is an add-on to a Chaintech Zenith motherboard.
I tried a Google but without much success I am afraid

crosstrainer 16:04 25 Jun 08

Select the exact model of your motherboard from the link, and download the entire mobo driver package for your o/s. This will install the sound drivers for you if the sound is onboard.

If a seperate card, then browse the site...They are there.

click here

Stuartli 16:08 25 Jun 08
  Stuartli 16:09 25 Jun 08

It appears to be a PCI sound card.

Stuartli 16:09 25 Jun 08

It appears to be a PCI sound card.

crosstrainer 16:14 25 Jun 08

We are on the right track, your link has the right info, but sends you to the via arena (back where we started)

Must be a driver for it somewhere.

crosstrainer 16:19 25 Jun 08

To be non existent. Maybe somone else has a CD with the drivers for this soundcard? Chaintech VT1720/4 Envy 24PT

Perhaps they could copy it for you?

ehsman 16:58 25 Jun 08

It is a PCI sound card but as you say the via website seems to go in circles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant