Driver for USB mini-camera

Mr. Chips 09:15 22 Jun 03

I recently purchased a (£20) digital camera which I want to use to 'spy' inside a birdbox.

It is a Dualscan DSC(2770) purchased from the Gadget Shop.

It appears not to come with its own driver, but probably relies on a Microsoft generic.

I use WIN98 R2. It works OK, but each time I want to use it, I have to un-plug and re-plug the USB lead.

This is inconvenient (back of PC). Any ideas what's wrong? ... or has anyone heard of a specific driver that might be preferable?

OneSirKnight 10:01 22 Jun 03

Is this your camera?

click here

Mr. Chips 10:22 22 Jun 03

One Sir Knight

Yes ... the exact item.

DIGI PRECISION ICE BLUE (Except it's transparent!)

Any ideas on the problem please?

Totally-braindead 11:43 22 Jun 03

Not really a solution but how about getting a USB hub which you can sit on your desktop so you no longer have to muck about at the back of the computer, they're round the £10-£15 mark and useful for other things as well. Regarding having to replug the camera all the time it could be a way of saving battery power, I know that my camera "goes to sleep" to conserve battery power when connected to my computer after about 5 minutes.

Mr. Chips 13:45 22 Jun 03

TXS Totally braindead.

I tried the hub but I was then told there was not enough power to run the camera .... odd that!?,, I even powered the hub with a power supply, but still not enough power ...., even odder, that!?

The camera, thank goodness, will run without a battery, so that isn't a problem.

I was thinking of putting in a small switch to cut the power lead, but that's not something I really want to do . I hope there is a more elegant solution than cutting up the usb cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…