Driver upgrade under Winxp home edition SP1

Flak999 15:32 10 Apr 03

Hi all bit of help needed, I have a amd athlon XP 1900+ 512mb of ddr ram 100gb HD Leadtek A250 geforce4 4400 with 128mb of ram, My question is when upgrading graphics card drivers should I just download and run the executable program from the Leadtek website without removing my previous drivers or should i first remove the old leadtek drivers and then run the executable for the new ones? current drivers that I am using are V.3100 the new ones are V.4345

Thanks in advance.

AndySD 15:35 10 Apr 03

Uninstall the old ones first.

Flak999 11:45 11 Apr 03

Rhuddlan 11:54 11 Apr 03

It would be more advisable to uninstall the old drivers first, as conflicts could occur if your computer overwrites drivers, if the old ones are deleted first, then the computer has nothing to write over. I always save anything I download from the Interent to a CD/RW disc for future use, just in case I have to use the recovery disk on my machine again and it saves waiting all that time for downloads, such as XPSP1, I have freeserve hometime and when I downloaded SP1, it seem to take hours downloading, I think Freeserve is quite a crap ISP really, does anyone else agree, sorry about going off the subject on drivers, so yes uninstall the old ones first, Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…