Driver updates

Scubaman 19:18 PM 06 Jan 12
Answered

I have just run various programs regarding driver software updates. The three I tried all said I have drivers out of date, yet when I run Device Manager and click update driver software, it tells me the drivers are up to date. Who is wrong?

rawprawn 19:42 PM 06 Jan 12

If you have no problems, leave the drivers alone, driver update programs are better left alone. If you really need to update drivers, go to their website and update from there.

sunnystaines 20:09 PM 06 Jan 12

ditto

birdface 20:24 PM 06 Jan 12
Answer

I ran the AMD tool the other day which gave me 2 updates for my System unfortunately Device manager does not always tell you that updates are available.

Many a person having trouble with their Monitors and check Device manager and no problems show.

But when they go to the proper site and download the updates their problems disappear.

So not always good to rely on Device manager.

And if you download any drivers make sure that they are digitally signed as Microsoft does not work kindly with unsigned drivers.

So there you go you have 2 choices and if your computer is working Ok just now why change it.If not maybe try new drivers.

Scubaman 15:36 PM 07 Jan 12

Thanks all, I also ran uniblue and it showed all drivers up to date. Left well alone.

birdface 15:48 PM 07 Jan 12

Not sure if you paid for uniblue or just the trial but there have been some fairly bad reviews for Uniblue maybe read some of them in case you are tempted to pay.

maybe it is better now than it used to be I don't know.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites