driver update prob

edee66 11:10 22 Sep 05

When I updated to Wxp I also had to update the scanner drivers. I got these from the scanner website so they are the correct ones. When I try to install them however I get the error message..'can't create output file'. I've tried reinstalling the scanner and even d/loading the drivers again but still get the same error message. Anyone got any ideas please?

johnnyrocker 11:29 22 Sep 05

try removing from device manager and rebooting see if windows wll find and install it ok.

edee66 13:33 22 Sep 05

Johnny, perhaps I should have explained that XP doesn't provide drivers for this particular scanner. Its too out of date for them and therefore can't be found in DM. Having said that this scanner has worked with these drivers before, in XP. But for some unknown reason, not this time.

edee66 14:27 22 Sep 05

Johnny just to let you know its been solved. Didn't realise I had a bum USB controller. Thanks anyway, edee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…