driver update

braiman 15:44 07 Mar 07

I have a europress mini office publisher cd originally from Serif which I have had for some time. Its drivers are for windows 95. I have tried europress website hoping to upgrade the drivers but they dont seem to recognise the product. Their products no longer include publisher.Is it likely that drivers are available compatable with XP from another source?

Rgds Braiman

Diemmess 16:44 07 Mar 07

A bit of hoping against hope I think.

There may be a chance with XP.
Have a look in Help, type in "compatibility" and look at what is said there. I noticed Win95 mentioned.

I see Amazon will sell you a copy, but they say it is for Windows 3.1!

jay.p 16:49 07 Mar 07

not sure if you have managed to install it?
if you have can you right click on the short cut,select properties > compatability and then tick run in compatability mode for windows 95.

crosstrainer 16:50 07 Mar 07

That software is very old indeed...it might be possible to run it under xp in compatability mode for windows 95, but it certainly will not work in Vista. You could try Open Office It is free and has some very good applications, make sure you download version 2.1 click here

driving man 16:54 07 Mar 07

I use a lot of Serif products on my XP systems-- some of the programs go back to 1996 and Win 95.95% I have no problem with as XP seems backwardly ok.
One which wont load is graphics pad which I then go into its compatability mode as Diemness says.
hope it works out , if not phone Serif, they really are most helpful
PS Their sister company Gizoo is bringing out a charger for ordinary batteries soon (AA,AAA,PP9 etc) and will retail it just below £20 according to the brand/product manager there. Should save a few pence as each battery can recharge at least 10 times
Regards
Chris

braiman 17:04 07 Mar 07

Thank you all for your good advice. Yes it is old but I tried the compatability wizard and XP came up trumps. I dont do too much dtp but this old program which I bought origininally for my grand daughter to help with her home work (she is 27 now!) Is still quite usefull for an oldy like me. thank you for your help Rgds Braiman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now