Driver trouble!!

minkey182 17:08 15 Nov 04

Hey all,

I've run into a bit of trouble with my dvd drives and my floppy disk drive. My computer is not registering my dvd and floppy disk drives. I found out that the drivers for them were not functioning and tried to uninstall and then reinstall them. However my device manager program is not working and i can't find or uninstall the drivers without it. I've tried updating the drivers online but to no avail. Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Mikey

sortof 17:13 15 Nov 04

What OS do you have?

minkey182 19:08 15 Nov 04

Windows XP

curlylad 19:21 15 Nov 04

start , run , type sfc /scannow make sure to leave the gap between sfc and / , let this run then see if it has fixed anything.

Danoh 20:33 15 Nov 04

Sounds like this other members problem click here

minkey182 15:39 16 Nov 04

I do have a MESH AMD64 3000+, 512Mb RAM, 160Gb SATA HDD, Sony 16x DVD writer, Sony 16x DVD reader, ATI Radeon 9800, running Windows XP SP2.

After "sfc /scannow" ran with the recovery CD for around 1 hr, no messages were shown. However, MMC now works fine with all snap-ins as well as Device Manager.

After rebooting (just to be sure), I noticed a Yellow exclamation mark next to "Terminal Server Mouse Driver". On clicking Trouble shoot, the msg says driver is either missing or corrupt. Everything else looks fine.

I decided to right mouse click and uninstall "Terminal Server Mouse Driver". On rebooting, it does not reappear. Is this ok? I don't know what it is or does.

Otherwise, the PC seems to be working fine.

On rebooting, the MS Error message sending came on automatically. The diagnosis says;

Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by:
A hardware failure reported by your Central Processing Unit (CPU)
This behavior occurs because your computer processor detected an unrecoverable hardware error and reported it to Windows. For more information, contact the manufacturer of your computer.
NOTE: As a general rule, Microsoft recommends you backup your files on a regular basis in case of any unexpected hardware failures.

Additional Technical Information
• Error Message: STOP: 0x0000009C (0x00000004, 0x00000000, 0xb2000000, 0x00020151)

Any idea what this is all about?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…