driver software for canon A560 not signed in XP

muge 12:34 29 Jan 08

Inatalled software from CD to run new Canon A560 digital camera. Unable to download from camera as the driver software is "not signed" (I'm using Windows XP).

Can open Canon 'Zoombrowser' s/ware only to get cannot detect camera message - have tried other USB ports - no difference.

Also get Msg: 3rd party INF does not contain digital signature information.

contact with Canon - fruitless
contact with Dell (XP OS installed on PC) - fruitless.
Contact with PC advisor? - Please help
Muge

muge 12:40 29 Jan 08

I should add to my previous thread that the camera works fine when connected to my laptop.
Muge

dms05 12:42 29 Jan 08

You should accept the Unsigned driver in the Canon installation. Everything will work after that. The fact it's unsigned doesn't mean it's unsafe, just that Canon have stopped getting them through the (useless) Microsoft signed procedure.

muge 12:49 29 Jan 08

Thanks dns05. I should have mentioned that I have done just that and the software continues to load. Yet it still doesn't work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times with the same negative results I'm afraid.
Muge

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…