Driver Search

Robotic_Rob 01:02 08 Feb 08

Hey,

I am after backing up my computer and starting a fresh version of windows on it.
I am after a free program that will search my system for any drivers and to be able to save them. When i install windows i want to be able to install all the correct drivers that i saved from the backup. Does anyone know of any programs? Im running windows xp by the way.

Whilst im at it, does anybody know of any good free programs that will scan my computer of its drivers and tell me which ones need updating. And to be able to download the new driver with the program for free?
Ive come across a few of these but you have to pay to be able to download the new drivers.

Cheers

Rob

Robotic_Rob 01:08 08 Feb 08

I should of done a search before posting. I found some mentioning DriverMax. Does anybody recommend this?

Cheers

Rob

Robotic_Rob 22:47 09 Feb 08

It appears like DriverMax ain't that good at searching drivers to see if they need updating. You also cant download new drivers yet with it. So does anybody recommend a program to check for updated drivers? And possibly to download the updated drivers through the program.

beeuuem 02:10 10 Feb 08

Try File Hippo from click here. The Download is at the top right of the page.

ICF 08:32 10 Feb 08

This does not update your drivers unless you pay for it but it will scan your system and tell you if you need to update your drivers.Then go and get them yourself

click here

Eargasm 09:17 10 Feb 08

I have used this before to save all my installed drivers, before wiping my hard drive.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…