Driver for scanner

Muergo 14:52 08 Feb 10

I bought Windows 7 but not installed it yet.

Canon says there is no driver for my CanoScan D2400U and that Microsoft might have one.

I cannot find one on the Microsoft site, would there be a link in Windows7 after I have installed it?

The scanner is not that old and cost a lot because I need facility to scan large negatives, 6 X 6cm. and larger if possible.

Am I stuck with having to buy another one.

Zeppelyn 15:06 08 Feb 10

Try the driver for Windows Vista, the two are not that much different so it should work.

GaT7 15:23 08 Feb 10

If no joy with the Vista driver, another thing you can try is installing it in Compatibility Mode click here.

"Am I stuck with having to buy another one."

If you have the Pro version of Win7 & your CPU supports hardware-assisted virtualisation (HAV) (click here to check), you can try Windows Virtual PC & XP Mode click here.

If you have XP/Vista, you could also setup a dual-boot with Win7 & XP/Vista, booting to the latter whenever you need to scan. G

GaT7 15:26 08 Feb 10

'If you have the Pro / Ultimate / Enterprise versions of Win7 & your CPU supports hardware-assisted virtualisation (HAV).....'

G

NJ4959 16:28 08 Feb 10

I would try what Zeppelyn suggests. I had the same problem with my Canon 1220 scanner (which is nearly 10 years old) when I changed to Vista from XP. There was no Vista driver, so I used the XP one which works perfectly.

Muergo 18:03 08 Feb 10

Have printed out/saved all the info, will give it a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…