Driver saving

derek-220674 18:32 16 Jun 04

I need to format my hard drive the only problem is I dont have the driver discs. can any body tell me how to find the drivers? how do i save them to disc? and then what do I do to reload them back on once I have done the format?

Dorsai 18:46 16 Jun 04

I may be missing the point here by miles but.

If you have a normal ATA33/66/100/133 HDD it should not need any drivers. The motherboard probably does though. I have never bought a retail PC (built own) so have no idea if they ship with motherboard drivers or not.

If you supplied some system details such as

operating system

Motherboard make/model(normally displayed during boot-up)

HDD ditto.

Then someone is bound to be able to point you in the direction of the relevent site to down load the drivers you need.

Fruit Bat 18:50 16 Jun 04

Control panel /system /hardware /device manager

Select item properties driver tab /driver details

Show what files are being used to run your equipment. copy these to disk under a folder for each piece of equipment

You won't have to do them all as windows provides drivers for most things i.e. cdrom hdd etc., just do the graphics cards modems and any other plug in cards /equip.

/\0/\

Dorsai 18:50 16 Jun 04

or do you mean you need drivers for every bit of your pc -sound card/modem/grapics/this bit/that bit/otherbit. etc....

Dorsai 18:57 16 Jun 04

have never tried that- Assume it works though. wish i had though of it :-)

So simple

derek-220674 19:06 16 Jun 04

Unable to get colour on anything I load on Windows 98 the hard disc info has its colour it is only lacking colour on the programes I put on since being formatted suspect driver missing, on vdu card is these markings pci mach64vt 113-34004-104

VoG II 19:08 16 Jun 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…