Driver for Samsung GT-S5600

Nontek 14:50 PM 06 Jun 12

I am trying to find the above Driver for a friend, we are currently working together on TeamViewer but not having much joy.

Driver(s) required for connecting Mobile Phone to PC.

I don't seem to be able to get anywhere with the Samsung Site!

Can anyone please help??

TIA!

Ian in Northampton 15:56 PM 06 Jun 12

I'm guessing, as I can find no (reputable) source of a GT-S5600 driver, that you may have to download the whole (54MB...) of Samsung's PC Studio software - from here for example.

Nontek 16:06 PM 06 Jun 12

Ian in Northampton

Thanks for your input, I have suggested that link to my friend, who is out at work at the moment. Will let you know how she gets on later.

Woolwell 16:22 PM 06 Jun 12

Go direct to Samsung support UK, input the GT-S5600 and you can download Samsung New PC Studio, PC Sync from there.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/GT-S5600CRAH3G-downloads

However why is the driver required? Is it a connection problem with the PC? Some of these phones can be quite flaky with their connection. I have a Galaxy which syncs with my W7 desktop 9 out of 10 times but refuses to talk to my Vista laptop but was fine with my old Vista desktop.

Nontek 16:26 PM 06 Jun 12

Woolwell

Yes, a connection issue, will be trying again later. Thanks.

Nontek 16:27 PM 06 Jun 12

PS - I tried the Samsung site earlier, but the site itself was having problems.

Woolwell 16:33 PM 06 Jun 12

Are there any errors shown when connecting? My phone takes a long time to connect on a fast PC. Worthwhile waiting a few minutes.

Nontek 09:04 AM 07 Jun 12

Phoenix21 is the friend I am trying to help - just letting you guys know not just someone hijacking the thread!

Thanks for all the help so far!

Woolwell 09:45 AM 07 Jun 12

I'm very busy today. Will try to answer later.

Woolwell 11:30 AM 07 Jun 12

Does the phone now connect ok?

Windows Address Book - is this Windows XP?

Woolwell 11:43 AM 07 Jun 12

Another question - is Outlook installed? I have a horrible suspicion that the Samsung program only syncs with Outlook and that a third party app may be needed.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites