Driver for Samsung GT-S5600

Nontek 06 Jun 12

I am trying to find the above Driver for a friend, we are currently working together on TeamViewer but not having much joy.

Driver(s) required for connecting Mobile Phone to PC.

I don't seem to be able to get anywhere with the Samsung Site!

Can anyone please help??

TIA!

I'm guessing, as I can find no (reputable) source of a GT-S5600 driver, that you may have to download the whole (54MB...) of Samsung's PC Studio software - from here for example.

Nontek 06 Jun 12

Ian in Northampton

Thanks for your input, I have suggested that link to my friend, who is out at work at the moment. Will let you know how she gets on later.

Woolwell 06 Jun 12

Go direct to Samsung support UK, input the GT-S5600 and you can download Samsung New PC Studio, PC Sync from there.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/GT-S5600CRAH3G-downloads

However why is the driver required? Is it a connection problem with the PC? Some of these phones can be quite flaky with their connection. I have a Galaxy which syncs with my W7 desktop 9 out of 10 times but refuses to talk to my Vista laptop but was fine with my old Vista desktop.

Nontek 06 Jun 12

Woolwell

Yes, a connection issue, will be trying again later. Thanks.

Nontek 06 Jun 12

PS - I tried the Samsung site earlier, but the site itself was having problems.

Woolwell 06 Jun 12

Are there any errors shown when connecting? My phone takes a long time to connect on a fast PC. Worthwhile waiting a few minutes.

Nontek 07 Jun 12

Phoenix21 is the friend I am trying to help - just letting you guys know not just someone hijacking the thread!

Thanks for all the help so far!

Woolwell 07 Jun 12

I'm very busy today. Will try to answer later.

Woolwell 07 Jun 12

Does the phone now connect ok?

Windows Address Book - is this Windows XP?

Woolwell 07 Jun 12

Another question - is Outlook installed? I have a horrible suspicion that the Samsung program only syncs with Outlook and that a third party app may be needed.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message