driver rollback - wise?

goalmachine 08:54 21 Mar 03

Dear All,

Since updating my TNT2 video card last september, i have found that some programs simply dont work with the new set - believe me i have tried everything else.

So im thinking about rolling back my driver to the previous one, but have one question - when i do this, is it still possible to 'roll forward' to the updated driver when required, or will i need to totally reinstall it all over again?

When it come to Drivers, I am quite frankly roadkill so any advice would be warmly received.

barrie_g 10:02 21 Mar 03

it sounds as though your using xp so just create a restore point THEN roll back the driver if it all goes wrong just go back to your restore point.

but I've rolled back drivers in xp with no problems though I dont think that you can roll forward if it does not work, but I'm not sure.

goalmachine 10:07 21 Mar 03

The restore point will still be configured for the latest drivers wont it?

barrie_g 10:28 21 Mar 03

no it will save the driver and all other setup from when it is created thats why you loose progs when you move back to a previous restore point if the progs have been installed after the date of the restore point

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…