Driver required (Win Xp) for HP Scanner 3300C

IDT 19:57 14 Apr 03

Have a problem with the Win Xp driver for HP Scanner 3300C. It will not connect to the Scanner.
The Win Xp driver 54.12Mb download tried. Has worked once or twice. Now fails to connect every time. I have Win Xp updated to SP2.
There appears to be a BIG Problem with this device and XP! The site lists a lot of problems but no fix that I could find!
Thanks Ian D.

Djohn 00:40 15 Apr 03

click here as a driver for XP. J.

Griff. 01:30 15 Apr 03

I had the same agro when I upgraded to Windows XP Pro.

Eventually I found that the only way was to uninstall the scanner and software,reboot, and then re-connect the scanner.
I couldn't make the HP files work for all of the tea in China despite my best efforts and numerous helpers from here and other friends in the know!

So, another purchase, Office XP Pro. It comes with "Microsoft Scanner" - It is installed into the path C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSPaper - where C is your main hard drive space. This will work fine for text scanning although it is rubbish for images.

Griff still wasn't a happy bunny until one day he accidently looked a bit further in his picture editing software - Hey presto, he found an option from the File menu to select scanner and get images from it. So he clicked it, knowing of course that this wouldn't work. Ha said he, for little happened for all of 20 seconds while th scanner came to life then whirred as whirry thing. He threw in a photo to scan - still knowing that it would fail - but, shock horror it bloody well worked.

Sorry, it is very late and I've been at work most of today and am shattered.

Moral of the story - Nil desperandum - There are many ways to skin a cat - Microsoft can sometimes come up trumps!

I hope that this helps and doesn't sound / read to stupidly!!!

Kind regards

Big Elf 09:47 15 Apr 03

I don't know if this helps but I had a similar problem with a HP3400C. I found I had to disconnect the scanner, install the original drivers followed by the XP update drivers then connect the scanner. After that everything worked.

IDT 09:55 26 May 03

I have finished up using the Win Xp drivers and Photodraw to scan pictures. I have "dumped" the HP programme although I preferred it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…