Driver required for usb wireless adapter

thewasp 18:08 14 Sep 09

Trying to connect a pc (Windows xp) to a wireless router with a usb wireless adapter.

When it searches for the driver, it can't be found as it needs to connect to the internet to find it.

Where can this driver be found and can I put it on a memory stick or cd to install?

Thanks

bremner 18:47 14 Sep 09

What is the make and model of the USB wireless adapter?

Pineman100 19:02 14 Sep 09

If you go to the manufacturer's website, you'll almost certainly find a download page (usually in the Support section), that lists driver files for all of their products. Obviously you'll need to do this from an internet-connected computer!

Download the driver for your model of wireless adapter (remember to click 'save' and not 'run' when the download commences), and then copy the file across to your computer on a memory stick or CD.

thewasp 19:52 14 Sep 09

Dynamode WL-GI-700S

They have a few driver downloads on their website, but this model not listed.

johnnyrocker 19:55 14 Sep 09

the answer may be click here=

johnny

Sea Urchin 20:01 14 Sep 09

Some dodgy sites on those Google results - this one should be fine

click here

Stuartli 20:42 14 Sep 09

>>Obviously you'll need to do this from an internet-connected computer!>>

Which is presumably how this thread is being conducted by thewasp?

thewasp 21:19 14 Sep 09

Yup. trying to bring parents into the 21st century...

Thanks, will try that Sea Urchin.

thewasp 09:19 15 Sep 09

No joy with that link to click here, unable to register.

rdave13 10:32 15 Sep 09

OK, this is how I got the zip/iso file. Go to this site; click here
scroll down and click on the grey download button (Not the first button with "free download recommended driver update" on it! Scroll down further. On the next page click on "download this file by by viewing a series of ads". Fill in the required details. Just type what you like, I thought a postcode of mt51 2dc sounds quite nice. Now you'll get to a series of ads pages (WOT complained a bit here but ignore if you have it) so just keep clicking 'skip' at bottom of page. You'll eventually get to the download page. On IE click the 'download file' from the warning options. I've scanned the zip file, extracted and scanned the folder and both clean. You will need an iso burner to burn to disc (CD).

Sea Urchin 12:22 15 Sep 09

You don't need to register to download one driver - when you click download scroll to the bottom of the page where it says 'Error: you are not logged in'. Below that you fill in your email address and they send you the download link.

rdave13 - your method to download a free driver seems extremely complicated, and somewhat fraught with pitfalls along the way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…