Driver Recognition Software?

oliverdore 20:51 17 Aug 03

I remember awhile ago - or at least I think I do - of software that could tell you of all the drivers your computer uses, and whether there are updates available for them. Am I just imagining this, because I'm quite interested in it at the moment, and I cannot find any mention of such software on Google.

Your suggestions are most welcome (if if they do refer to my state of mind!)

Thanks,

-oliverdore-

oglemire 21:44 17 Aug 03

Do a google search for Belarc advisor .. it will give you a detailed view of your PC including its devices. Won't help with updates mind...:)>

leo49 21:49 17 Aug 03

There's a waste of space called Bigfix which does something akin to what you want.

krypt1c 22:02 17 Aug 03

Well, funnily enough there's a freeware utiltiy on the CD in this months edition (October) called Driver Wizard. Might help

TOPCAT® 22:15 17 Aug 03

...called 'DriverWizard' on the CD/DVD disk with the latest (October) issue of PCA magazine. It doesn't list the drivers on your PC but will check for updated drivers on hardware showing in Device Manager.

However, on checking PCA's downloads I find this free utility available which states:

Driver Detective v2.0 (March, 2002)

As we all know, many hardware problems can be corrected by merely updating to the latest version of a driver. The problem is finding which hardware drivers are out of date. Driver Detective helps you with this seemingly impossible task by scanning your hard drive and displaying a list of all of the drivers installed on your system.

When you highlight an individual driver, you get information such as its version number and the vendor's name. From there, you have to do some sleuthing on your own to find the site where you can download the latest driver.

click here Hope this helps you. TC.

oliverdore 22:26 17 Aug 03

That's great, thanks very much to you all for your replies. BixFix is what I remember reading about sometime ago. I'll have a look at them all and see which one fits the bill.

I do read PCA by the way(!) - just didn't realise that the October edition had come out yet.

Case Closed©

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…