Driver question

Mr Beaujangles 18:02 29 Dec 07

Hi folks, long time no see! Merry Xmas to you all.

I've been doing a scan on PC Pitstop tests site using their Driver Alert package (free scan)and it tells me that I am needing to update some drivers. I've managed to find and change the ones for my Radion X1800 but cannot find this one: NVidia (R) n force (TM) Audio codec interface 5.10.00.6270. I found a reference to it on Tech Guy support with a poster asking the very same question. Tech Guy says not to bother as it has never been updated and never will be!!!!!

Can any of you folks tell me if I really do need to update this driver and if so - where can I find it? The NVidia site is no use - their search doesn't even have a button to do the search with.

regards

Beau.

citadel 18:47 29 Dec 07

if sound is working ok there is no need to update.

Mr Beaujangles 05:18 30 Dec 07

Citadel, yep - the sounds are working just fine. I thought with a new codec though they might be even better - if that makes sense? Why would the scan report there is a new/updated driver if it wasn't better than the old one? Or is it just trying to drum up business so that I but the full scan package?

Cheers for your reply though.

Beau.:)

ICF 06:23 30 Dec 07

Go here click here and select option 2 motherboard driver and let it install the active x control and it will tell you what drivers to download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced