Driver problems - Philips 104S Monitor

SDJ 17:01 05 Oct 03

Following the death of my father-in-laws monitor I have put in place "temporarily" a Philips 104S monitor which he had running on an old win3.1 machine.

My problem windows 98 (1st edition) calls it an "unknown monitor" and I cant expand the width of the screen so I have two black lines each side of the pic.
Downloaded various drivers off of driverguide etc etc and none of them make any difference, some even make the screen go weird! Even tried using the win plug and play and generic drivers but no no avail.

Does anyone out there have or know of the whereabouts of a driver for this monitor, the model number is 104s CM5279/35T and its for win98.

Cheers in advance

DieSse 17:25 05 Oct 03

Monitors don't need drivers. If you can't adjust the width on the monitor iteslf, try changing it's type to an Acer15p. This will give you access to different refresh rates.

TAKE CARE when using them - you may select a rate too high for this monitor - if you do, wait for 15secs and it should automatially change back again - do not panic or you'll have even more hassle.

You may find a refresh rate/resolution setting that fills the screen - if you don't then you'll have to live with it - old monitors are like that I'm afraid.

SDJ 21:19 05 Oct 03

Thanks for your post, I will give that a go.
I have found many drivers and driver packs which say they are for my model but for some reason dont want to know.

I will try the Acer setting and maybe look harder for the original disk.

woodchip 21:28 05 Oct 03

Drivers are only .inf files any way that tells the OS what to load. for a monitor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…