driver problems for a generic laptop

p1220 06:46 30 Apr 07

Ive got a generic brand laptop and reinstalled window xp. Some of the drivers I was able to find myself but I cant find the other 5 I need. I cant find out what the motherboard name is. Ive tried aida32, everest, and belarc. The CPU is a Mobile Intell Pentium M 760J, with a Intel Alviso i915PM chipset. I cant get any sound to work and need the drivers for the sound. The audio adapter is a Intel 82801FBM ICH-6-M - AC'97 Audio Controller [B-2]. Under the Device Manager it is listed that I still have problem devices the include: Base System Device, Ethernet Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, Network Controller, and PCI Modem.

Can anyone help me find the drivers for any of these devices???

If more info is need I'll do my best to provide...

Sheik Yerbouti 07:07 30 Apr 07

click here

See if SIW can identify, there is another which was very good, but it's name escapes me, something with Magic in the nameI think. I'm sure someone will point it out.

Meanwhile, doesn't Windows Update help at all? Sometimes it picks up on Driver updates.

Have you physically looked at the Mobo, and tried to read any Serial/ID numbers off it and Google them?

p1220 07:24 30 Apr 07

Havent condemed myself to taking this thing apart and looking at the Mobo yet. SIW didnt help that much, Everest gave me the Mobo id and I googled it with no help. I went to Driveragent.com and it claims to have four of the drivers I need but wants 30 bucks for them. Im not ready to pay for em yet...

Sheik Yerbouti 07:29 30 Apr 07

click here

PCWizard was the other one.

Can you phone the retailer you purchased from see if they can help?

If Driveragent has them for sale, I'm sure you can get hold of them for free somewhere. Good luck with it.

Sheik Yerbouti 07:34 30 Apr 07

click here

try page 3 of above also.

click here

p1220 07:57 30 Apr 07

Its a AMI Mobo, but they only give me the links to upgrade the BIOS. I dont think that will help we with device drivers. I dont know where to go from here, but I'm gonna have to work on it later. Please, let me know if you have any more ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…