Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…
CD/DVD drive will not accept any previously accepted disks.Pioneer DVD-RWDVR-K17RS ATA Device is either missing or corrupted code 39 error. Please can anyone advise on what to do. Instructions need to be very basic because I am not good with technical stuff. Would error on driver affect printer as this has suddenly decided not to print.
Missing cd/dvd drives can be normally associated with the removal of burning software such as Nero/Roxio/Sonic/Easy CD Creator etc.
And not showing the drive in My Computer.
Try the below link ,if still no luck follow the Procedure of removing the upper and lower filters.
If no joy with the above fix,try the Microsoft Guided Help
click here scroll down to the Guided help download and follow the instructions.
If still no joy,follow the manual fix below.
If you have further any error codes,please post them.
Restore Missing CD/Dvd Drives
Missing cd/dvd drive
If it is showing an error code:
Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
, delete the drive.
Then follow these directions for clearing the Upper/Lower Filters: (might want to print this out)
1. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key ( if Vista Start search or windows+R )
2. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or
3. clicking the "+" next to it.)
4. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key
5. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key
6. Expand the "Control" Key
7. Expand the "Class" Key
8. Please look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:
9. High light this key by left clicking once on it
10. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these please delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"
11. Please exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen
Reboot your computer
.If in any doubt editing the registry,please create a System Restore point first and also backup your registry....The guidedhelp from Microsoft on backing up the registry is a good lesson for anyone to learn. click here
Creating a System Restore point:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore…follow the prompts.
I have a similar problem, it's just that my cd drive is nowhere to be found, not even in BIOS, but when I put a cd in it, it starts up trying to read it. Of course, nothing comes up on the screen but I can hear it turning and all.
I have tried everything i could find inside the forums including to delete upper and lower filters, but those did not excist. I have tried the "Microsoft FIX IT" application, registry repair and so on.
Hope someone can help me with this.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.