Driver for printer

Piggling 21:54 11 Apr 03

Bought a new PC three weeks ago (with XP) and have successfully acquired the CD for my Brother multi-function printer, but HP don't do one for my 'older' Deskjet 810c. So anyone out there who can suggest a source for a download for a driver so that I can use this printer with XP please.

Lozzy 22:03 11 Apr 03

Try the Win 2000 driver that should work with ME and 98

Belatucadrus 22:38 11 Apr 03

XP should include a driver for the 810C, I've just had a look in the list of HP printers listed in the add printer wizard on XP home and it shows up on mine.

The Pretender 22:44 11 Apr 03

If you don't have any luck on the HP website go here click here

beeuuem 22:55 11 Apr 03

Microsoft(R) Windows XP includes built-in printing support for most HP Deskjet printers. Please refer to the following tables. Find your printer model to obtain one of the following:
Instructions for loading the pre-installed driver in Windows XP

HP Deskjet 810C printer supported from XP disc-Yes

From

click here

beeuuem 11:05 12 Apr 03

This tutorial applies for all computers with XP, not just Gateway
click here

beeuuem 11:05 12 Apr 03

This tutorial applies for all computers with XP, not just Gateway
click here

beeuuem 11:20 12 Apr 03

Microsoft(R) Windows XP includes built-in printing support for most HP Deskjet printers. The driver you want is supplied with XP and is already on your XP disc.
If you go to click here and scroll down the page your printer is listed as being one of those on the XP disc.
Good luck installing. It should work.

beeuuem 16:40 12 Apr 03

Received by mail

"Went through the rigmarole with the HP site and have now had the final message that subscriptions will be e-mailed to me. Does that mean the driver will be downloaded, or have I got it horribly wrong........"

Have you tried following the tutorial?
click here
I'm not actually running XP on this system so cam't give more detailed advice.

DieSse 17:13 12 Apr 03

I've just looked (in my XP), and can confirm what beeuuem says - you don't need a driver disc, or to download a driver. Win XP has in it already, drivers for the HP 810.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…