Driver needed for new phone

Maryp 19:46 04 Sep 04

I just got a Motorola E398, it came with a USB lead and a disk to install it, but it doesn't recognise when I plug the phone in. Then my PC said it needs a driver for the new hardware, but cant find it. Any idea's where I can look.
If it helps I'm using windows 98se, and all the rest of my PC matches thier requirements.

Gongoozler 20:03 04 Sep 04

Windows requirees you to load the driver before you plugged the usb device in. Did you do that?

Gongoozler 20:05 04 Sep 04

Make those first words "Windows 98 requires" etc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:06 04 Sep 04

The driver is on the CD that came with the phone.

Maryp 20:12 04 Sep 04

I installed all the software first, then switched the phone on, then conected the phone to the cable, then the cable to the PC, thats when it was supposed to recognise the phone and setup automaticaly, but nothing happened. I tried unninstalling it and doing it again incase I'd done something wrong the first time but the same thing happed exactly the same.

Gongoozler 20:14 04 Sep 04

Is the phone Windows 98 compatible? Do other usb devices work on your computer?

Maryp 20:17 04 Sep 04

Yes and yes, I checked its 98 compatible, and I tied it in the other USB port that works fine for my broadband.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…