Driver needed for Freecom CD-RW recorder

montyburns 07:49 22 Apr 05

Friends have got an external CD-RW recorder (model Freecom 4424) on their system, which I am trying to get going for them. Doesn't have the right driver

Can anyone suggest anywhere I can download the correct driver? I've Googled and found plenty of possibilities, but they either lead to well dodgy looking sites, or simply don't download

Any suggestions welcome

Diodorus Siculus 07:57 22 Apr 05

click here for win98.

What OS?

Diodorus Siculus 07:59 22 Apr 05 is free. You will need an account or else enter

name: drivers

password: all

Taff36 08:03 22 Apr 05

Hey that`s my password Diodorus! :-))

Diodorus Siculus 08:27 22 Apr 05

Hi Taff, it still hasn't expired!

A p o l l o 10:22 22 Apr 05

click here and download the drivers direct?

A p o l l o

Stuartli 14:57 22 Apr 05

The new name is:

Bright minds at

montyburns 11:01 23 Apr 05

Thanks for the advice. As ever I forgot the PC specs and OS.. :-(

The drive is a bit odd in as much as the cable out of it is serial, but then turns into USB to go into the PC. Was hoping that being USB it would work right away but obviously didn't. Having said that, XP detected and identified it easily enough. It just thinks it's a CD-ROM drive and not an RW drive...

Diodorus Siculus 11:47 23 Apr 05

If it is RW, it should say so on the front panel somewhere...

montyburns 12:36 23 Apr 05

It is RW - but the driver that we have been trying to use, as supplied by someone else, is only letting us use the drive as ROM not RW (sorry if not clear before)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…