Driver needed

TomG 15:44 29 Apr 04

I'm upgrading to XP Pro and setup tells me I need a updated driver for my
Nvidia nForce AGP bus filter I presume this is something to do with my graphics card which is a

Radeon 128 mb pro

Any ideas where I get this driver as I cannot make sense of the manufacturers website

Stuartli 15:52 29 Apr 04

I thought Radeon graphics cards were ATI?

Stuartli 15:56 29 Apr 04

Re the NVidia reference:

click here

Note that the driver details will need to be "updated" to current version if required.

Stuartli 15:58 29 Apr 04

One point - do your motherboard have onboard nVidia graphics?

If so I would presume they would have to be disabled from the Bios (?) before using the Radeon.

crimbo 16:04 29 Apr 04

It could be the AGP port on your motherboard if it is an NForce 2 chipset, try your motherboard manufacturers website. It doesn't necessarily mean on-board graphics

woodchip 16:12 29 Apr 04

Ati also provides chips so other card makers can use there chipsets

spencer boy 16:32 29 Apr 04

I have just got a radeon and when i get home going to install it - i have an onboard agp card at moment. Would i have to uninstall the existing agp drivers then disable the card from BIOS (not sure how to do this though). Then install the new card. I notieced in the box it has a cd with online instructions and drivers so i would assume it would tell me in that.

woodchip 16:37 29 Apr 04

No go into Device Manager and disable it by removing the Tick in the Box Exists in all Hardware

spencer boy 16:41 29 Apr 04

woodchip 16:46 29 Apr 04

If you leave it Enabled you can connect two Monitors

Stuartli 09:54 30 Apr 04

nVidia only produces graphics chipsets for manufacturers - it doesn't actually make graphics cards.

Its greatest asset, apart from constantly updating and improving the chipsets, is that its latest drivers are fully backward compatible with all of its previous chipsets.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…