Driver for Microtek FilmScan 35

xquest 23:12 03 Oct 08

My FilmScan 35 has stopped working - perhaps one of XP's updates has caused this ? I only use the scanner about once a year, if that, so a lot has happened since the last session converting 35mm slides to .jpg. Has anyone got an up-to-date driver ? or know where I can get one ? There are several sites offering them but there seems to be a condition that you buy a 'Driver Detective' program before you can download the driver. Anyone any experience of these programs ?

MCE2K5 00:35 04 Oct 08

Microtek FilmScan 35 XP Driver click here

ambra4 00:37 04 Oct 08

Download from this site

click here

MCE2K5 01:04 04 Oct 08

No 30-60 second's wait on my link xquest ;-)

ps it's the same Driver, Year 2001.

jack 12:57 04 Oct 08

The likely hood there is no XP driver for it.
As with Vista now - when XP came out many scanners made for DOS based systems[95/98 etc] simply did not cross over-
The manufacturers tried patches etc., with little success - this is because XP and now Vista work on the NT platform and DOS based drivers simply did not work.

You would try this however
Start/Programs/Accessories/System tools/Compatibility Wizard and reset the machine to 95/98.
It has been known to work.
Failing that- New scanner.

xquest 22:14 09 Oct 08

Thanks folks. I tried installing a new driver as recommended but still no response from the scanner. I ended up using a neighbours Epson scanner with a light lid to scan 35mm. slides.
I will try the other ideas in due course. Thanks again for your responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…