Driver Max Question

Tony W. 11:44 17 Dec 08

Driver Max Question

I recently installed Driver Max.After checking for updates and probably because my system is a few years old quite a long list of updates came up.

Most of the updates have now been installed and my computer is running very well.

One small problem in Device Manager against other devices,Unibrain 1394 PC there are now two yellow question marks which were not there previously.

I ran the update check again and Driver Max shows this device Unibrain 1394 as being up to date so I am a bit confused.

Not sure what to do leave it alone or perhaps use the roll back to previous drivers option.

Many thanks

Tony.

cocteau48 13:40 17 Dec 08

I have not tried this myself but noticed it on MagorGeeks yesterday:
click here

may be worth a try.

T0SH 14:01 17 Dec 08

Use the driver rollback feature from device
manager drivers tab, to put its driver back to the version when it was working

Unless you are having problems with devices there is no need to update drivers in other words "if it ain`t broke then don`t fix it"

Perhaps an uninstall of Driver Max is a good option ?

Cheers HC

birdface 14:58 17 Dec 08

Something to do wit Firewire.click here

Tony W. 15:55 17 Dec 08

Thanks to those who replied.

Tosh-I tried to roll back to the previous drivers but it kept telling me that the drivers were not backed uo so could not reinstall.

Buteman-thank you for the link as a result of which I have discovered that there is not a firewire card installed on my computer.

So hopefully I will not have any future problems now having messed up the drivers for it.

Also Tosh I have taken your advice and uninstalled Driver Max and decided to leave such things to people who know what they are doing
(which will probably be a great relief to members of this forum)

Thank you

Tony.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…