Driver Issue - Windows XP

pj1664 15:48 03 Nov 04

I recently install windows XP and my Samsung cd writer SW-408B stop functioning as a ce-r/rw windows loaded default driver and it now acts as a cd rom, it will not copy cd's. I have managed to download the drivers for it from drivesrsguide but I cant seem to install the driver for the writer, window keep loading on default window drivers each time it boots up any suggestions? Appreciate any positif feed back. Thank you.

Diodorus Siculus 19:56 03 Nov 04

What happens in the device manager when you go to properties, update driver?

hugh-265156 20:11 03 Nov 04

you dont need drivers for cd writers with windows.

i would uninstall the driver you just installed then go to device manager and uninstall the drive then restart and windows should pick it up and install it again for you automatically.

are you using third party burning software or xp`s own?

pj1664 14:28 05 Nov 04

Well when I update drivers window just loads its drivers insted og the one I just downloaded. I am using basic easy cd creator 7. I use to use easy cd creator 5 with win98 but that is not compatable with XP but the 7 is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…