Driver issue

djbenny 11:13 20 Aug 10

Hello

i have a ECS GS7610 Ultra motherboard and have windows server 2003 installed i need a driver for the Ethernet adapter which i cannot seem to find. i have tried various versions (1.18, 1.18a, 1.19) of the SiS 900 driver but still not installed any help would be appreciated to get the ethernet adapter working

birdface 11:22 20 Aug 10

have you tried deleting the driver that you have on your computer and letting Microsoft download the latest one.

birdface 11:27 20 Aug 10

Or maybe Microsoft has already updated the driver and that is how it does not work.If so just roll back the driver to the previous one.
It has done it with me and I have had to stop it from downloading again.

birdface 11:31 20 Aug 10

If no further help maybe try Driver max free and see if that can find it.
It will only update 2 drivers a day.but as long as you get the one that you are looking for,

click here

pompyx 11:43 20 Aug 10

This might be worth a look.

click here

djbenny 12:05 20 Aug 10

Hello

i canot let windows use the internet to find the driver as its the ethernet controller that isnt working and currently it says that no driver is installed i hae done it before by using a beta driver or a very updated one but i cannot remember what i did or which one it was that i used as it was a few years back.

pompyx i found that site and tried the links right at the bottom which failed to download

djbenny 12:10 20 Aug 10

and buteman, that software requires the internet to be able to download the drivers, which would be fine after i have the ethernet controller installed

Sea Urchin 12:19 20 Aug 10

You don't say which operating system you are using but if XP then try the ECS site - click Download tab under picture, and save LAN driver to a flash drive. Then unzip it on your affected computer, and run the .exe file to install.

This driver will probably work OK also on Vista

click here

woodchip 12:20 20 Aug 10

In Device Manager click on update drive on the one with yellow icon then point it to the Driver you downloaded this should first be unzipped if the file needs it

Sea Urchin 12:26 20 Aug 10

I should have said "run the setup.exe file to install - but you can also do it from Device Manager as woodchip says

djbenny 12:41 20 Aug 10

sea urchin, i did mention the OS i the first post (Server 2003)

woodchip i have tried that, i know how the drivers ususally install but i canot seem to get it to work

i have also tried running the setup.exe file within the download from the SiS site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac