"Driver IRQL not less or equal" New modem?

Dan 12:06 07 Jun 04

Hi folks,

Finally got BB and having been using this new ISP provided usb modem for about a week now with no probs. But today on boot up I got a blue screen with the legend "Driver IRQL not less or equal" and a suggestion that newly or recently installed hardware was causing the conflict.

I rebooted using the last known good configuration and so got back in alright, but it reads like something I should fix before I find I can't get back in at all.

Aside from hardware the only other silliness I've been doing is installing and updating the games utility Punkbuster - which shouldn't relate at all.

From other comments on the web one of the causes of the "Driver IRQL not less or equal" error is that the usb modem is drawing more power than a standard usb pc connection wants to provide. However my usb modem is plugged into a hub with it's own power lead, so that shouldn't be a problem for me.

I've stuck a query in with the ISPs techs, but thought I'd ask if anyone here had expierienced this before (preferably solving it too).

Cheers

Dan

ventanas 12:48 07 Jun 04

Driver accessing improper memory address, according to Microsoft. Usually caused by unsigned drivers, or faulty drivers associated with disc utilities.

Probably the new modem.

Dan 18:27 11 Jul 04

Sorted the matter by ignoring the tech supports suggestion of reinstalling and instead just juggling round the usb connector to a different port and rebooting.

Problem has not reoccurred.

Cheers ventanas for your input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…