Driver installation failed

mallini 22:45 20 Jul 10

Hi folks,

I'm not the most computer literate person so I will try to be as accurate as possible!

Had my laptop refitted with Windows XP as the OS as opposed to Ubuntu which was on before. Only problem is no sound. No audio driver is installed. I went to the Fujitsu Siemens website (my brand of laptop) to download a new one. Only problem is when I run the setup it says "Driver installation failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for this driver."

I've tried running a driverchecker thing but it doesn't detect that the audio driver is absent (or just not working, not sure!)

My computer is a Fujitsu Siemens, on the bottom is says Amilo Pro V3515. Not sure if you might need more information to help!

Thank you ever so much, am a bit frustrated :)

northumbria61 23:39 20 Jul 10

Download from here - click here

northumbria61 23:43 20 Jul 10

You could check first to see if any yellow exclamation mark next to Sound,Video & Game Controllers in DEVICE Manager.

mallini 07:51 21 Jul 10

Thanks Northumbria61, I've already downloaded it from the FS download page. And there are no yellow exclamations next to sound, video and game controllers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…