Driver installation

Liza 20:02 14 Jan 07

Having problems with driver installation because I have to battle with Microsoft to install drivers. I have purchased 2 items, one a cardbus card for USB 2 and the other a DVBT USB TV Stick (to watch tv on pc's) for my laptop. For both manufacturer drivers need to be installed. For the cardbus however it is slightly different, one of the usb 2’s needs Microsoft drivers while the other is to be installed via the cd rom provided. But here Microsoft brazenly removes the setup execution and puts its own and thus an error appears and the NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller USB 2 is thus not installed as shown on the sheet provided. I bought this from Maplin so there is no way I can get through to NEC.

Regarding the DVBT USB Stick, again I cannot install without getting Microsoft constantly providing its own driver which does not help because the thing does not show the driver for the purpose and so I cannot get the stick installed, I bought this from Savastore so will have to phone them tomorrow.

Has anyone experienced something like this. I would like to know please as to what one must do, restore? Thank you. Liza

VoG II 20:10 14 Jan 07

Have you followed the instructions to install the drivers before plugging in the devices?

Liza 20:32 14 Jan 07

Hello VoG

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes I did. The stick thing said particularly to cancel microsoft's intervention 'found new hardware and etc' but they kept on and on bothering me and when I was not looking so to speak went on to install their driver. Liza

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…