//some 3rd party need geo

driver install

ahavoc 21:20 23 May 03

I am trying to install a driver for my bluetooth usb adaptor. all of the softwereas been installed with no problems. When i go to install the hardwere the computer detects the item when i plug it in. i select to search for the driver as it askes and even when i put the drier in c:windows/system32/drivers and tell the autodetect thing were it is. it says it cannot find the driver.
any idea would be apriciated.

Lú-tzé 19:27 25 May 03

Have you unzipped the driver - try unzipping to a folder somewhere (say, desktop for example) and point the autodetect there.

When it is searching for a driver point to to the correct file, and then select that file (highlight it in the box) and then it should pick it up.

Djohn 20:13 25 May 03

also make sure you install the driver first. If the driver is installed correctly, then hardware will not ask you to find it. Hardware will automatically detect and be recognised.

The fact your hardware is asking for the driver leads me to think software is not yet correctly installed. J.

Djohn 22:39 25 May 03

Received this a couple of hours back and made a reply, also brought back to forum. J

=================================================

Hi Peter, I will plce this in the forum for you so that others will be able to see and help, many heads are better than one! :o)

I'm not familier with this particular prog. But with all USB hardware, such as printers and scanners etc. The normal thing to do is insert the CD and let it auto. run, if it does not do this then go to "My Computer" and right click on the Icon for your CD drive, choose open, you will see an install, or setup Icon.

Left click on this Icon and the software will install for you, then when you connect the Hardware it automatically finds the software drivers/programs.

Good luck, if you still have problems feel free to contact me back, but as said, if you can keep it to your thread in the forum, many more people will be able to help. j.

Djohn 22:46 25 May 03

This belongs to my post above, it got lost somehow, this is the question and my post above is the answer I sent. sorry for confusion, site is poorly to-day. J.

Hi there,

thanks for your response. Unfortunatly i have tried installing and un-installing the softwere many times. every time i have installed it there has been no problems with the softwere.
I also have no way of telling which is the correct driver on the CD.
If i did how wold i install the driver on its own?
thanks

bambam005 23:40 25 May 03

you should be able to reinstall no problem from the menu that will pop up when you click over the (!) .

Leave the hardware unplugged ( unplug it when you are still on the desktop and then restart not plugging it back in again until you are back on the desktop )

If the hardware is not found in device manager then the device does just not work as it should , get it independently looked at ,

hope this helps

woodchip 23:43 25 May 03

Go to device manager and remove all USB and restart your computer. Without the USB card in. then shut down computer pull the power plug, install the card, when you restart your computer the Hardware Wizard will say that it's found new hardware click the cancel button until the box goes away then run the CD that you got with the Card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…