Driver Install

carryduff 13:21 26 Dec 06

I'm trying to install a new wireless keyboard but am having problems with the setup. Windows can detect the new hardware but driver will not install properly. I keep getting code 10 & 12 messages in the new hardware wizard and have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall etc with no success. Any ideas guys. Thanks

terryf 14:19 26 Dec 06

Try booting up in Safe mode (press f8 as you boot up then choose safe mode) Right click on My computer and choose Properties then Hardware>device manager. Look at the entries for keyboard, Right click and uninstall. reboot into safe mode and install keyboard in that mode.

SANTOS7 21:50 26 Dec 06

click here
error codes 10-12 are listed here it also offers a possible solution,good luck.

carryduff 22:35 26 Dec 06

I can't seem to uninstall the old keyboard driver although it's deleted in programs, any ideas?

terryf 22:53 26 Dec 06

Didn't the safe mode un-install from device manager take it out, right click on the keyboard, choose properties, click on the driver tab and choose uninstal, then reboot and windows should detect the keyboard and either put a generic driver or ask you for the driver (usually generic one is installed)

terryf 22:55 26 Dec 06

while you are in device manager, are there any other devices with a yellow exclamation mark against them?

carryduff 14:37 27 Dec 06

Thanks guys. it was a long drawn out affair but with your help I got there in the end. Once again many thanks and have a great new year

terryf 15:04 27 Dec 06

Please let us know what the solution was so that we can learn and perhaps help others

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…