Driver help for Asus A7S333 Motherboard please !

Giggle n' Bits 22:14 08 May 03

Anyone in PCA Forum use a Asus A7S333 motherboard with a Sis 745 Chipset please help.

After installing a Fresh install of WinMe I am use to installing the motherboard drivers from the M/board CD but with this board where are the IDE drivers ?. Auto play starts CD but no IDE drivers or AGP drivers apart from gart driver to be installed after installing a AGP Graphics card is available.

Does WinME hold the drivers for this motherboard in a way.

I have in the past fitted a A7V333 motherboard with Via chipset and no problem the Via 4in1 drivers on CD do the job.

But what Does this Sis chipset have for A7S motherboard.

Mr-C 23:14 08 May 03
  Giggle n' Bits 23:26 08 May 03

There doesn't seem to be any kind of IDE or Chipset Driver for this board.

Have disabled the Onboard Audio and removed Modem and problem has gone so its looking like the onboard CMI Audio chip/driver or Modem conflicting or a driver issue.

Now going to reinstall the modem to see if problem occurs again to illimuminate and hopefully points towards the Onboard Audio.

Thanks for the Call Mr-C !.

Rayuk 09:40 09 May 03

Maybe you can get some info from
click here

Giggle n' Bits 11:35 09 May 03

For some reason the Communication controller IRQ 10 was not there and the modem was taking the resources from other areas hence my earlier problems ref the CDwrtr and Lack of system resources dropping to the low 70% mark.

Things now are the modem is correctly installed, the IRQ's are fine with the COMM Controller available on IRQ 10 and the System Resources are up to 92% and the CDwrtr buffering on a fly copy of 97%/98% not going to under or anything like 17% like before.

Total amazed myself that this was all caused by a modem.

Thanks also Rayuk !, I have the A7V link in my fav list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…