driver help

orian-uk 12:34 15 Aug 07

hello there i am trying to install some graphics card drivers, ati i downloaded from amd site ok when i go to install them i get error code come up inf file was not found when i click ok the install continues but the drivers are not installed, the card is a radeon x850 and i am running vista premionm any ideas please

mad1234 15:10 15 Aug 07

click here
see if you can find your driver on here

Stuartli 15:31 15 Aug 07

Latest ATi drivers here:

click here

Also it's worth reading this excellent guide to installing ATi drivers (there's also an nVidia version) at:

click here

Note the Drive Cleaner Pro reference (it's freeware).

Probabilitydrive 15:33 15 Aug 07

Are you using the Catalyst Control Center? If so, you need the NET Framework from MS for it to function.

I recommend, go back to the ATI site and re-read the installation guide (example found click here) and follow it to the letter.

Stuartli 15:53 15 Aug 07

I use the small download ATi Tray Tools in combination with the standard ATi driver 7.8 at present), rather than the bloated Catalyst offering.

Does pretty well all that Catalyst does in much more compact form.

Display Driver here:

click here

ATi Tray Tools:

click here (1.13MB!)

orian-uk 17:06 15 Aug 07

i think i did not explaine myself correct, i have allready got the drivers for the card for vista, its when i start to install them i get the problem
the install manager get to a point half way thru install that when i get the error message inf file not found so i dont think its prob with the drivers i downloaded from the amd site but rather a problem with the vista files is a inf file something i can download and install?.

thanks

orian-uk 00:10 17 Aug 07

anyone got any ideas ???

User-312386 00:13 17 Aug 07

can you advise which drivers you attemped to install?

orian-uk 22:03 17 Aug 07

from the AMD site vista 32bit radion x850 with catalyst and have tried the same from the connect 3d site it run fine untill i upgraded to vista premiun.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017