Driver genius

terryr48 20:30 30 Dec 09

Has anyone used driver genius to update drivers on a windowa 7 machine and is it any good?
Thanks

tullie 20:40 30 Dec 09

The usual suggestion is to leave your drivers well alone,unless there is a problem.Surely with a new machine and operating system,everything should be ok?

rdave13 20:53 30 Dec 09

I'd try Windows update to see if anything needs updating first.
As with any driver updates; can work well and can also work the other way.

terryr48 20:56 30 Dec 09

Ok Thanks,It's just that I ran a scan using this and it came up with 18 out of date drivers, I think I'll ignore this until such time theres a problem as everything is running fine at the mo.
Windows update is set to run auto anyway.

birdface 21:02 30 Dec 09

I think that you get a free scan and have to pay to get drivers downloaded.
Driver Max trial version is free but you can only update 1 or 2 drivers a day with that.
As far as i can make out this one is still free.

click here

I tried it before and updated a couple of drivers and the next time i tried it it gave the same couple of driver updates.So you would need to keep a check as to which ones you have updated.

rdave13 21:07 30 Dec 09

A wise decision I think. As for running Windows updates on auto, I think it would be better if you changed it for " Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them". At least then you know what you're downloading and can make a note of in case of problems.

terryr48 21:11 30 Dec 09

Ok Thanks for all your help, have changed windows updates to your recomendations

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac