driver genius

pringle2 21:02 07 Sep 08

having problems downloading new drivers, every time i click on the download driver button, and internet explorer window pops up and says either website declined to show page or bad request,have got the activation code ,registered and downloaded updated list of drivers ,no sign of any help on their website,any help would be appreciated.

MAT ALAN 21:09 07 Sep 08

Drivers for what?

GaT7 21:12 07 Sep 08

Their server could be temporarily down. Wait a while or contact support click here. G

P.S. Next time ask before paying for these kinds of programs. There are online scanners that'll check for free, & the drivers themselves are available free from the manufacturers' websites - we could help you locate them if necessary

Nickelback1 21:28 07 Sep 08

Can you detail the online scanners for free please Crossbow7

pringle2 22:07 07 Sep 08

yeah sorry folks it came free with issue 155 on the dvd as i have never updated my drivers on my pc thought this program would do it 4 me,have repeated the process over the past 3 days to no avail,could some security procedure be stopping me from updating drivers,as in the mag it stated 1 click and your drivers are updated,uh really?

MAT ALAN 22:20 07 Sep 08

If you think your drivers need updating go to the manufacturers website for the components in question and download the latest from there...

Doing it this way you can update what you want when you want, less likely to go wrong...

Of course if your system is working fine there is no need to update...

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!!!

pringle2 23:24 07 Sep 08

cheers folks,yeah get your drift mat,pc is getting a bit slow so thought if i updated drivers might improve it a bit,so will leave alone at the moment,thanx for taking the time to advise,all the best.

GaT7 23:25 07 Sep 08

DriverAgent click here - no install (except for ActiveX) required.

Driver Alert click here & DriverScanner click here need installation I think.

Do as MAT ALAN says, 'if your system is working fine there is no need to update'. G

RickyC :-) 23:39 07 Sep 08

Hi pringle2
Thanks for posting on the forums, please email me with some details on precisely what happens when you attempt to run the Driver Genius software (did you register, have you ever managed to get the software working, do you have ZoneAlarm or any other firewall running on your PC?).

I'll ask my contacts at the software developers to respond directly to you.

kind regards

Richard
Software Editor

MAT ALAN 21:25 08 Sep 08

Software Ed...

testament to this forum when people like yourself take the time out to respond to queries...
Its a good time just to thank you and all others at PCA towers, some times we can't do it without you.

(cheques in post) lol...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017