Driver error - disgo usb disk

LARASTOYBOY 23:19 14 Mar 04

Please help computer dummy. Ihave a Disgo usb disk which i use to transfer data between two computers, both running windows me.
However on one of the computers, everytime the disk is removed(after stopping it correctly)and thecomputer shut down,the removable disk icon no longer shows in My Computer when the computer is switched back on.If I go into add new hardware on control panel the add new hardware wizard shows usb dik with a black exclamation mark in a yellow circle. If I click on it, it says this device is already installed but it has a problem. it also says device is either not present, not woking properly or does not have all the drivers installed(code 10) and suggestsupgrading the device drivers. However, when i try it says the best driver is already installed. I have manually installed different less suitable drivers and the problem still exists. Please help. Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 07:43 15 Mar 04

What happens if you remove the disk, shut down, reboot and then install the disk? Is it then recognised?

From your posting, I have the impression that if you start the machine with the disk in place, it is not being recognised. Is that correct?

larastoyboy 22:48 15 Mar 04

Thanks for your response. Sorry to take so long to come back.The problem occurs whenever I remove the disk from usb port and shut down (either restart or shutdown and reboot) If I leave the disk in and do the same, everything is ok so I suppose the answer to your question is no. Also I have never plugged the disk in before rebooting, always after so the problem is the reverse of your supposition. If you've any ideas I would be grateful

larastoyboy 22:18 16 Mar 04

Have now resolved problem. If I restart after plugging in disk it is recognised.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now