driver downloads after XP reformat

Dasmad 22:18 13 Apr 07

if several drivers are listed for use by my Amilo M7400, how am I to ascertain which one(s) are appropriate. I tried two variations on the WYLAN theme before getting one which worked. Similarly, I'm still looking for something which will return my "standby" facility, which disappeared after reformatting and reinstallation of Win XP. any ideas out there......?

I am Spartacus 22:41 13 Apr 07

Having installed XP on a Fujitsu laptop recently I know the problem of having to wade through loads of choices. In general though choose the latest version or more recent date.

It's possible the feature you're looking for is included in one of the downloads, possibly the chipset one?

mocha 04:26 14 Apr 07

Your Standby facility, go to Control Panel, Power options, then click on tab Power Schemes and Advanced.

Dasmad 10:54 22 Apr 07

thanks folks - I'm getting there - some features returned with "bundled" software reinstalled, and WYLAN just needed the right download, rather than latest - bit of a performance really. But my CD/RW still refuses to play DVDs due to lack of "a compatible DVD decoder. Could this be in a bios download which I haven't done yet ?

Gongoozler 11:08 22 Apr 07

Something like Cyberlink PowerDVD should get your system playing DVD's. You can buy an older version very cheaply - e.g click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5