Driver Detective

Furkin 08:18 27 Feb 10

ACER T120 Desktop : XP Pro SP3 : 2GB max
I downloaded Driver Detective some weeks ago after reading someone elses message on here.
I went to run it & it comes up with 27 problems.
Is the idea to just let the program take over any/all drivers,,,, or do I need to check &/or stipulate which things to look at ?
thanks

birdface 08:52 27 Feb 10

Some fairly poor reviews for it here.

click here

There is Driver Max which you can get the free version but it will only update 2 drivers a day.

Furkin 09:00 27 Feb 10

Thanks BM:
Not heard of Driver Max, but will look into it.
Same question tho': "do I let it do whatever it wants",,,, or do I 'pick'n'choose' ? I guess most of my drivers are a bit aged (cept NVidia which I did about a month ago)
cheers

Shuffty 09:09 27 Feb 10

do I let it do whatever it wants

you should do nothing if you require drivers go to the manufacturers website and download them

radi8or 09:11 27 Feb 10

You could take a look at Driver Genius (not free)click here which updates,backs up and reinstalls, handy if you ever need to reinstall O/S.

Regards Bob

birdface 10:54 27 Feb 10

It should tell you the difference from the old driver to the new one.Then it is up to you if you want to download them.
Some of those programs will give you the same update every time you run it so always better checking what ones you have already downloaded.
Like Shuffty says it is always better going to the manufacturers website and download them.
But even then I am never sure if it is the correct ones that I am downloading.
27 problem updates is a lot for any computer so not sure if I would chance it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac