Driver Crisis!

Ripper87 23:15 19 Sep 07

Hey, I recently bought a Compaq SR5129 Desktop PC and it had vista on it..(Horrifying...) so
I formatted the drive and installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 and its missing a load of drivers.

I need to find a driver for my graphics card which is an NVidia GeForce 8400 GS.

Also my internet isnt working

When i go into device manager, the following devices have a yellow question mark next to them;

Ethernet Controller
PCI Device
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Im not sure what else to put that will help but if somebody knows what I
can do to fix this, that would be awesome!

Cheers!

johnnyrocker 23:19 19 Sep 07

uninstall each re boot and xp should re install ok apart from maybe you setting up a new network connection for your internet depending on how it is configured.

johnny.

Ripper87 23:31 19 Sep 07

hi
thanks for the reply!

how do i uninstall each re boot?

cheers!

johnnyrocker 23:51 19 Sep 07

maybe i should have explained a bit clearer (my apologies) go to device manager again and delete any with the question mark either right click etc or similar, when they are all removed reboot the machine and see how many of the probs xp resolves by re installing drivers etc.

johnny.

DieSse 23:52 19 Sep 07

You need the driver CD for the motherboard for several of these. If your system didn't come with one, then you can get the apprpriate drivers from the system manufacturer, or better, the motherboard manufacturer.

The grahics card driver you can best get from the nvidia site here click here

DieSse 00:01 20 Sep 07

Some links to XP drivers here - scroll down to fund the right links click here

Ripper87 01:34 20 Sep 07

Thanx alot, i got the driver for the graphics card but there is still one last problem

i cant find the driver for the ethernet controller. my motherboard is a P5LP-LE. i have looked on the intel site but i cant get one for xp. if anybody knows where i can find one, please let me know!

thanx again

Acx 01:57 20 Sep 07

Try here, it may help, under network drivers maybe

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…