DRIVER CONFLICTS

triflesterms 07:35 13 Oct 04

Hi ive got driver conflicting at the moment, but im not sure how to find out which one it is, im using xp pro, amd duron 800mhz, 256mb ram, 30gb hd, ive already tried system restore 3 times without success,i didnt understand why that didnt work to?

Hope someone out there can help?
Thanks
Steve

Spark6 11:33 13 Oct 04

Have you received the blue error screen identifying the driver conflict?

Is it hardware or software driver conflict?

triflesterms 12:39 13 Oct 04

Im not sure if its hardware or software,though i havent installed hardware for a while so it could be software,& no i havent had such screen, there were no exclmation marks in device manager,also i checked if updates were available for all drivers, none of them need updating.
Hope you can still help.

Thanks

triflesterms 08:52 14 Oct 04

hope someone out there can still help me with this problem?

ventanas 09:01 14 Oct 04

Sorry, but I can't really follow this. How do you know you have a conflict, and what drivers are causing a problem? Are you getting any error messages, if so what do they say? Also what symptoms do you have that suggest a driver conflict.

triflesterms 09:15 14 Oct 04

Im not sure what driver has the problem, thats the problem,i know i have a problem cause i got a message saying that windows has just recovered one of the registry files, after that i sent error report, when that finished it took me to microsoft website which said i have a driver conflict, it didnt state how to fix or what driver is conflicting, i cant even use nortons system works one button check, everytime i scan my pc reboots before its even finsihed scanning windows registry.
Hope this helps
Thanx

ventanas 09:32 14 Oct 04

Assuming you are running XP click here

triflesterms 09:42 14 Oct 04

I did the scan, it scanned for files without digital signature, it came up with my sound card, i downloaded the latest driver for it about 3 months ago, what should i do know?

ventanas 09:44 14 Oct 04

Try rolling back the driver from within device manager. If that won't work I'm afraid I've run out of ideas.

triflesterms 09:57 14 Oct 04

I just rolled back driver, then i tried one button check up, the same again it rebooted my pc,then i got system recovery message & the same microsoft website saying that error caused by device driver.
Im not sure what to do next, i dont want to have to reinstall xp, i shouldnt need to do that to fix a driver problem.
Thanx for your help, hope someone else has an ideas about it?

triflesterms 10:03 14 Oct 04

I tired that website scan again & it said files are digitally signed, but i must still have the problem cause of windows message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5