Driver Conflicts

LMcG 17:21 16 Feb 04

What is a driver conflict, how does it show itself and how do I get round it? I am trying to install a USB/Infrared adaptor and when I point to the driver the machine keeps asking for the location of the driver. The device has been istalled but the Device Manager says no driver is installed. I have downloaded the latest driver from the manufacturers web site (Mobile Action Technology) but the same thing happens. I am running XP hone and the device is a USB/Infrared adaptor. Can someone please help?

Stowit 17:52 16 Feb 04

Sorry I'm not much help but my 2ps worth.... Any problem devices (conflicts or otherwise) show in device manager with an exclaimation mark. It also states there what the perceived issue is. If your device is in there (may say its an unknown device) so marked reinstall your driver, specifying where it is (has it been saved to my documents?) I take it it's not a zip file that needs opening before pointing to it? Also is it the correct driver for the OS? Good luck!!

anon1 18:29 16 Feb 04

Did you install the driver first or the device?Have you tried the new hardware wizard?
If the drivers are conflicting the system will alert you so I guess there is no conflict. Have you any other usb devices attached? If no then check the bios to make sure that usb is enabled.

LMcG 08:13 19 Feb 04

Thanks everybody for your help but nothing seems to work. The device is going back to the shop!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…