Driver conflict in Windows7

Demora 12:01 28 Nov 09

Hi.

I'm having a problem with my nVidia 8500 GFX card and my epson r620 printer drivers.

Whenever I want to print a photo or anything really and the 'print preview' screen comes up with the document for me to view my gfx card stops working and then recovers. If I go to the printer properties and deselect fast print, the pc comes up with the Blue screen. All pointing to nVidia.

I've checked the driver and all say this is up to date(latest driver) Same with Epson.

Anything to stop this happening. Would help

TIA

D

Demora 10:37 29 Nov 09

Bump

birdface 16:38 29 Nov 09

Hard to say.It is working Ok at the moment maybe better just leaving it the way it is.
Or are you feeling lucky.
Maybe check the nVidia site to see if there is an update on there for your GFX card.
If so maybe download it from there.

Demora 22:20 29 Nov 09

Thanks buteman

I've been to the nVidia website and downloaded what they say is the correct driver. Uninstalled the old driver and installed d/load but there isn't any change.

I suppose its something I'll have to live with until there are different drivers for epson etc. Or for a win 7 service pack.

D

birdface 22:30 29 Nov 09

I just let Microsoft update all of my drivers when i started using W7.
I never even used my driver disc.

Demora 10:14 07 Dec 09

Hi buteman.

Just an update on the gfx solution.

I bought an ATI Saffire Radeon 4650 GFX card as a replacement and now eveything works as it should.

When I built this pc The nVidia came with the motherboard so I just fitted it. Everytime I've had nVidia cards they have always ended up being changed for ATI.

Yet I'm always willing to give nVidia a chance

Thanks for your help.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos