Driver Conflict???

romaneagle 00:05 21 Dec 07

I wonder if anyone can help? My USB2 Card was not working (never had) so I downloaded a new driver for it. Now I find that I cannot access my scanner or my external hard drive. There appears to be a conflict in the drivers, and would seem that the way forward would be to re-install Windows XP, but I, as you will understand, want to avoid that if possible!

I should be grateful if anyone has had experience of this type of conflict and could suggest an alternative strategy, please. Thanks!

Romaneagle

@k@n!c 04:43 21 Dec 07

go into control panel and then system then choose the hardware tab...then device manager..find your usb 2 card..then select it and then choose driver then click roll back driver..this will put back your old driver..hope this helps..kind regards akanic

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:08 21 Dec 07

Refresh USB Ports
In device manager Uninstall EVERYTHING under the heading USB,
reboot the PC let XP find and install new hardware.
Your equipment should now be recognised.

romaneagle 20:04 21 Dec 07

Many thanks for your input and suggested solutions, @ko@n!c and Fruit Bat /\0/\. I tried the uninstall everything and rebooted, and it worked well - everything was recovered. However, I have had to disable the USB2, because the system almost came to a stop - I couldn't access anything without an interminable wait.
Thanks anyway, it is greatly appreciated. I will have to soldier on and try to resolve the problems by trying different combinations.

Best Wshes, Romaneagle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…