Driver Checking Freeware

Air_Man 10:27 31 Dec 06

Can anyone recommend some freeware that would allow me to check the current status of all my hardware drivers in one go (e.g. Mobo, CPU, GPU, etc)?

I'm trying to make sure I have all the latest drivers but it is proving a right pain.

Thx

Technotiger 10:33 31 Dec 06
  Probabilitydrive 10:44 31 Dec 06
  Totally-braindead 10:51 31 Dec 06

I used to update my drivers all the time but got in such a mess with graphics card drivers I only update them when I have to ie when something doesn't run right or has some sort of problem. Of course many will disagree with that.

Technotiger 10:53 31 Dec 06

I agree with Totally-braindead ... if it aint broke, why fix it!

Gongoozler 10:55 31 Dec 06

My opinion as well Totally-braindead, if it aint broke - don't mend it. There have been several posts on this forum where new drivers - especially for graphics cards - have caused problems.

Technotiger 10:57 31 Dec 06

But it is handy to know where to find drivers for when the need arises.

Air_Man 11:56 31 Dec 06

Thanks everyone.

I must admit the last time I tried to update my GPU driver I lost EVERYTHING! Complete system crash, "Unmountable Boot Volume" and after trying everything (incl. PCA forum advice) had to start from scratch - lost all my data and to make things worst I had no backup - DOH! (since remedied).

I think I'll just settle for a PC that works and stop trying to be a perfectionist.

Must stop fiddling.... Its just that all the advice I read says to make sure all drivers are up-to-date...

Thx

Air_Man 11:57 31 Dec 06

Resolved...

Totally-braindead 12:02 31 Dec 06

Theres nothing wrong with keeping your drivers up to date. I used to do that but as you know yourself you can screw things up.
I don't trust third party programs that allege they will update this driver or that.
If you want new drivers go to the manufacturers website and download them. EG if you have a ASUS motherboard goto the ASUS site for motherboard drivers, if you have an ATI graphics card goto the ATI website for drivers etc etc. Do not download drivers from third party websites unless you know the website is ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac