Driver Change

kwingy 18:33 29 Jan 08

My USB hub malfunctioned and now my external hard drive with all my media files is recongised as the K drive instead of the F drive. This has changed all the paths to my music for my itunes. Is there any way of fixing this ???

Thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:50 29 Jan 08

To change the drive letters go to start-control panel-admin tools-computer management-storage-disk management and you should be able to see the drives. Right click on a drive that you want to change and select change drive letter/paths...select the letter that you want..press ok and the disk should appear in my computer..try another letter if it is still hidden. Failing this you can always change the path in Itunes preferences.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:50 29 Jan 08

To change the drive letters go to start-control panel-admin tools-computer management-storage-disk management and you should be able to see the drives. Right click on a drive that you want to change and select change drive letter/paths...select the letter that you want..press ok and the disk should appear in my computer..try another letter if it is still hidden. Failing this you can always change the path in Itunes preferences.

G

Fingees 18:51 29 Jan 08

Yes you can change the drive letter manually, but unfortunately I can't at this time remember how to do it.as I use Vista.

I know that's not much halp, but someone will know.

mfletch 18:53 29 Jan 08

Is there any help here,

click here

How to change a drive letter
To change an existing drive letter on a drive, on a partition, or on a volume, follow these steps: 1. Log on as Administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
2. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance.
3. Click Administrative Tools, double-click Computer Management, and then click Disk Management in the left pane.
4. Right-click the drive, the partition, the logical drive, or the volume that you want to assign a drive letter to, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
5. Click Change.
6. Click Assign the following drive letter if it is not already selected, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
7. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the drive letter change.

kwingy 19:06 29 Jan 08

Thank You Sooo much... Save me a large amount of hassle =D

x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…