Driver causing blue screen

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 10:58 29 Jan 05

Hi,there is a driver that keeps on causing a blue screen the driver is Tiacxln.sys and i can find the file when i search,i am on XP sp2.thanks.ben

JonnyTub 11:03 29 Jan 05

do you have a dlink wireless/wired bit of equipment in your setup big ben?

JonnyTub 11:08 29 Jan 05

check out step 5 under troubleshooting click here

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 11:21 29 Jan 05

Hi,i do have a origo 11mbps wireless lan card (unused but installed and working,and a binatone broadband modem and dlink stuff.many thanks.ben

JonnyTub 11:25 29 Jan 05

remove the card and see if you get any more bluescreens, or uninstall and reinstall

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 11:37 29 Jan 05

Hi,can you be sure that it is the card that is messing up? i spent alot of time trying to get the damn thing to work,becouse i didn't relise you had to install drivers first.can i just un-install the device to see if that fixes it?.thanks.ben

JonnyTub 11:56 29 Jan 05

yeah uninstall it, it's just you mentioned you didn't use it which is why i suggested taking it out. I'm 100% certain it's the driver for this that is causing the problem, try this method ONLY if you still get blue screen crashes after you've installed.

1 create a system restore point

2 backup important files as per usual

3 Under Tools> select Folder Options…> select View >
under Hidden files and folders > select Show hidden
files and folders
Uncheck Hide extension for known file types > click on apply

5 Search for the files TIACXLN.INF and TIACXLN.SYS.
Remove these files from the INF and SYSTEM32
(DRIVERS) folders in the Windows directory.

JonnyTub 11:58 29 Jan 05

for some reason you have to install the driver first before plugging these type of cards in, why?? who knows..

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 12:17 29 Jan 05

you were right this driver is a wireless lan card driver when i leave the mouse cursor over the file it comes up with the wireless lan card.i shall backup and delete.thanks.ben

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 19:35 29 Jan 05

i have just deleted the file 1 hour later the blue screen comes up.thanks.ben

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…