driver for canon MP492 for W7

bumpkin 15:44 PM 29 Jan 13
Answered

Hi, can anyone give me a straightforward link to download the driver for canonMP492 combo printer for W7 please. Had many attempts myself but seem to get sent here, there and everywhere and get anything other that than what I require.

Chronos the 2nd 16:16 PM 29 Jan 13

Here,number 59 I think.

bumpkin 18:54 PM 29 Jan 13
Answer

Thank chronos, I did try that site and that driver earlier as it seemed logical to get it direct from Canon without the runaround and other nonsense one gets from third party sites. I could not get it to work, all I got in control panel was "Add new printer" and the choice of "local printer" or "network,wireless, bluetooth". As it is a local printer one cable to one PC I chose the "local printer " option but it did not work. The printer is not set to network nor is it wireless. having tried everything else I could think of my only other option was to try the Network Wireless choice which worked strait away, so now it's up and running. I would love anyone to explain this if they can.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites